Re: [gfsd]PROBLEM

From: Matt Kraai
Subject: Re: [gfsd]PROBLEM
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 09:58:41 -0800

On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 11:26:20PM +0200, ??????? ?????? wrote:
> hi there,
>  i just noticed a problem in wget: some web servers(like tigershark) do
> not recognise the HEAD http request(they say ERROR 550: Malformed HTML).
> This request is used by wget when the -m(irror) switch is supplied.
> *.fsn.net uses tigershark. try nocredit.fsn.net(it's a porn site but
> that's the best i've got)
> one quick solve to this problem(which i used) is to change the program
> where the selection between GET and HEAD is taking place to select
> between GET and GET so GET will be selected. that's not
> right(programmatically) so i thought you could do something about it

This isn't the right address to report this problem to.  You want to
talk to the wget maintainer.  Please see
http://www.gnu.org/gnulist/production/wget.html for more information
about wget, including the correct email address (probably the
maintainer).

> P.S. sorry if my letter was long and keep on the good work

Thanks, even though you probably mean this for the wget developers.

--Matt