Re: Issues with socket.fs on OpenBSD

From: Tomas Hlavaty
Subject: Re: Issues with socket.fs on OpenBSD
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2022 08:51:52 +0200

On Sat 03 Sep 2022 at 10:23, nature <nature@blazebone.com> wrote:
> Then I tried something simpler like the echo server wrom
> rosettacode: https://rosettacode.org/wiki/Echo_server#Forth and this
> didn't work as well.
>
> I then tried to insert some ." at different places and I realized that
> create-server and accept-socket works, it's read-socket that
> fails/blocks indefinitely.  When going deeper and trying to figure out
> where exactly in read-socket things were blocking, I found that it's the
> recv call that blocks/fails.  I wasn't able to figure out more than
> that...

It seems that read-socket is trying to provide some kind of higher lever
blocking API I do not understand.

You can see the source code for read-socket with the following commands:

• (eepitch-shell)
• (eepitch-kill)
• (eepitch-shell)
gforth
require unix/socket.fs
view read-socket
view (rs)

Using read and write instead of read-socket and write-socket worked for
me, see the attached forking echo server example.