Re: Gforth not working on Android 5.0.1

From: Bernd Paysan
Subject: Re: Gforth not working on Android 5.0.1
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 19:57:44 +0100

Am Montag, 18. November 2019, 19:12:55 CET schrieb Marcos Cruz:
> The other day I installed Gforth on an Android 5.0.1 phone, but all I
> get when running it is a system dialog: "gnu.gforth has halted".
>
> Recently the package has been updated to version 0.7.9_20191115, but no
> difference.
>
> Is it supposed to work fine, or is Android 5.0.1 too old for Gforth?

The oldest Android I've here is Android 6 (with a cheap Chinese tablet). Min
API required is 14 (4.0), so it should work, but I can't test it, as both
devices with Android 4.x which I have died one way or another.

If you have adb installed on your computer, you can help me: Enable USB
debugging, connect your computer with the phone, run adb log >outfile, and try
run Gforth.  Check for gforth in the outfile, and send me the relevant error
message.

https://www.howtogeek.com/125769/how-to-install-and-use-abd-the-android-debug-bridge-utility/

Is for Windows, on Linux, it is slightly simpler, because you don't need
driver voodoo. Just install the adb part of the Android SDK.

--
Bernd Paysan
net2o id: kQusJzA;7*?t=uy@X}1GWr!+0qqp_Cn176t4(dQ*