Re: [gforth] Compile gforth on Cygwin

From: Bernd Paysan
Subject: Re: [gforth] Compile gforth on Cygwin
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2018 14:24:35 +0200

Am Sonntag, 1. April 2018, 14:16:28 CEST schrieb Anton Ertl:
> On Sat, Mar 31, 2018 at 05:21:01PM -0700, Dennis Ruffer wrote:
> > I also needed texlive, but it still seems to not be done. It installs now,
> > so it’s not a big deal, but I thought it used to end with some kind of
> > message.
> What I see in the log is errors from chcon (I am surprised that there
> is a chcon in Cygwin).  In some places, chcon failures are explicitly
> ignored, but in others, they are not.  Not sure what the right way to
> deal with that is; I lean towards explicitly ignoring such failures
> everywhere; can someone confirm or refute this?

All chcon errors are ignored one way or the other.  If MASSAGE_EXE is called
in a longer script line, with ($(MASSAGE_EXE $@ || true), otherwise with
preceeding - to that line.  The latter results in an error message with
"(ignored)" afterwards.

I'll change all those to the || true method, which does not list an error.

A successful install however always should end in

============= INSTALL SUCCEEDED =============
Bash users: type 'hash -r' to empty the cache

--
Bernd Paysan
net2o id: kQusJzA;address@hidden(dQ*