Re: [gforth] Compile gforth on Cygwin

From: Dennis Ruffer
Subject: Re: [gforth] Compile gforth on Cygwin
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 14:35:50 -0700

I’ve given up on Cygwin, switching to Windows Subsystem for Linux, but trying the 64 bit version just now dies on the 1st make instruction.

Running: make

make: Circular kernel/version.fs <- kernel/version.fs dependency dropped.

./preforth -p ".:~+:." prims2x.fs -e "c-flag on s\" prim.i\" save-mem out-filename 2! s\" "prim.b"\" ' output-c ' output-c-combined process-file bye" >engine/prim.i

The WSL version finishes the BUILD-FROM-SCRATCH process, but does get the same error you mentioned:

checking for swig... /usr/bin/swig

swig error : Unrecognized option -forth

Use 'swig -help' for available options.

configure: WARNING: *** Swig without -forth. Building library buildings  from tarball.

configure: creating ./config.status

I remember looking into that a while ago, but obviously, I never found a way to get around it yet.

I doubt I had time to report it either.

No doc build either.

Sorry!

DaR