Re: [gforth] How to get stdout into gforth

From: Dennis Ruffer
Subject: Re: [gforth] How to get stdout into gforth
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2018 12:52:42 -0800

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. While OPEN-PIPE sounds like the best place for me to investigate, it turns out that the Makefile logic I was trying to convert didn’t actually need to pull the pwd output into gforth. I translated:

echo $(1): file://$$(cd $(dir $@); pwd)/$(notdir $@)

from Makefile to gforth as:

COMBINED-STRING print_coverage_out_dir +," cd " coverage_out +, +," ; pwd"

CR ( a n ) TYPE ." : file://" print_coverage_out_dir COUNT SYSTEM $? THROW

( target ) COUNT coverage_out COUNT /STRING TYPE

And I got:

CTS Tests API-NDK Coverage Report: file:///home/druffer/master/out/host/linux-x86/cts-api-coverage

Identical to the original, so it is sufficient, for now. I have some other work where OPEN-PIPE might be useful, but I’ve got enough for the immediate issue to move onto the next problems.

Thanks again!

DaR