Re: [gforth] errno weirdness

From: Reepca Russelstein
Subject: Re: [gforth] errno weirdness
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 14:32:00 -0500

Anton Ertl <address@hidden> writes:
> I guess that, in your usage (a use case would be nice for reproducing
> the problem), Gforth calls some other function in between that sets
> errno to its error result.

To reproduce:

require unix/libc.fs
0 1 0 poll errno .s

should show -1 14 on the stack (on my system at least), but shows -1 0
instead.

(took me awhile to find a function and usage from libc.fs that would
error 100% of the time - there's always that edge case where someone
actually has "/argle" and "/blargle" files).

> I have implemented solution 2, but am too lazy to design a proper test
> case, so please go ahead and try it.

Just did, it works, though I had to change execute to int-execute in
interpret1 in kernel/int.fs first.

Thanks!

- reepca