Re: [gforth] Building on Windows 7 32-bit

From: daruffer
Subject: Re: [gforth] Building on Windows 7 32-bit
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2017 07:10:08 -0700

To build gforth, you have to have gforth, so start here:

https://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/forth/gforth/gforth-0.7.0.exe

Then you need a Posix compatible environment, so install this:

https://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe

Then you can start working with source:

https://savannah.gnu.org/git/?group=gforth

There’s a ton of steps in between, and I’ve never managed to get the full documentation compiled on Windows, but I’ve carried a 32-bit environment around with me for decades now and added the 64-bit version now too.

DaR