[gforth] Decompilation not working properly.

From: Stéphane Fillion
Subject: [gforth] Decompilation not working properly.
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 06:37:23 -0500

Hi.

I'm using gforth 0.7.2 under lubuntu 16.04. Arch is AMD64.

I installed it with this command:

sudo apt-get install gforth

The 'see' word works correctly when trying to decompile any user-defined and some predefined words. By example:

: inc  compiled
1 + ;  ok
see inc
: inc
  1 + ; ok
see see
: see
  parse-name find-name dup 0=
  IF     drop -13 throw
  THEN
  name-see ; ok

However, most attempts at decompiling predefined words throw an exception:

see +
Code +
:2: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
see >>>+<<<
Backtrace:
$7FB33456CB50 throw
$0
$7FB3345861A8 slurp-fid
$7FB334586468 gdb-addr-sep-char
$A
$7FB3345815B8 discode
$7FB334581F70 seecode
$7FB334582500 xt-see
$6191E8
$7FB334582758 name-see
  ok

After installing gdb I get another, still inacurate, result. Gdb version is 7.11.1

I first get this:

see +
Code +

Nothing else happens until I press CTRL-D. I then get this:

    0x00404f04:    /tmp/gforthdis.Doy9BGU1EL:4: Error in sourced command file:
Cannot access memory at address 0x404f04
quit
end-code
 ok

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.