Re: [gforth] Remove warnings when byte compiling gforth.el

From: Bernd Paysan
Subject: Re: [gforth] Remove warnings when byte compiling gforth.el
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 23:37:25 +0100

Am Dienstag, 10. Januar 2017, 15:33:50 CET schrieb Thorsten Blum:
> Hi, I'd like to submit a patch to remove the following two warnings when
> byte compiling gforth.el with Emacs.
>
> In forth-update-show-screen:
> gforth.el:1103:36:Warning: ‘goto-line’ is for interactive use only; use
>     ‘forward-line’ instead.
> gforth.el:1105:15:Warning: ‘goto-line’ is for interactive use only; use
>     ‘forward-line’ instead.

Thanks, but it looks like forward-line is relative to the current position,
whereas goto-line is absolute.  I now use

(forward-line (- first-line (line-number-at-pos))

instead of

(goto-line first-line)

and it seems to set the mark at the right position in block mode.

--
Bernd Paysan
net2o ID: kQusJzA;address@hidden(dQ*