Re: [gforth] New Forth web server

From: Robert Wilkinson
Subject: Re: [gforth] New Forth web server
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 11:44:11 +0200

On Wed, Oct 26, 2016 at 08:04:30PM +0200, Rene Hartmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've written a lightweight HTTP server in Forth.
>
> It uses an event-based I/O model. This allows handling many simultaneous
> connections without the need for tasks which are not available in all Forth
> implementations.
>
> Processing HTTP requests is delegated to request handlers. A handler for GET
> which sends files is included. Handlers for e.g. POST requests can be added.
> This makes it possible to implement a REST API using Forth. An example for a
> POST handler is included.
>
> The source is available at:
> https://sourceforge.net/p/colono/code/ci/default/tree/
>
> This is an early version running under GForth and Linux only. Windows and
> other Forth implementations will be supported by future versions.
>
> --
> René Hartmann

Hello

I downloaded this, and saw one executable file in the httpd
directory.

I tried to run it, and saw ...

address@hidden ~/s/c/httpd> ./colono.fs
redefined accept  ar: `u' modifier ignored since `D' is the default
(see `U')

in file included from *OS command line*:-1
colono.fs:29: error 3305
>>>httpserve<<<
Backtrace:
$7F86D984EE40 throw
$7F86D984F2A0 bind-addr
$7F86D9866678 server-listen
address@hidden ~/s/c/httpd> ar --version
GNU ar (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.27
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the
terms of
the GNU General Public License version 3 or (at your option) any
later version.
This program has absolutely no warranty.
address@hidden ~/s/c/httpd> gforth --version
gforth 0.7.3
address@hidden ~/s/c/httpd>

Am I doing something wrong?

An enclosed README file for the project would be useful to others?

Bob
--
Political history is far too criminal a subject to be a fit thing to
teach children.