[gforth] New Forth web server

From: Rene Hartmann
Subject: [gforth] New Forth web server
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 20:04:30 +0200

Hello,

I've written a lightweight HTTP server in Forth.

It uses an event-based I/O model. This allows handling many simultaneous connections without the need for tasks which are not available in all Forth implementations.

Processing HTTP requests is delegated to request handlers. A handler for GET which sends files is included. Handlers for e.g. POST requests can be added. This makes it possible to implement a REST API using Forth. An example for a POST handler is included.

The source is available at: https://sourceforge.net/p/colono/code/ci/default/tree/

This is an early version running under GForth and Linux only. Windows and other Forth implementations will be supported by future versions.

--
René Hartmann