Re: [gforth] [svfig] FORTH compiler for OSX- recommendations

From: Tony Cappellini
Subject: Re: [gforth] [svfig] FORTH compiler for OSX- recommendations
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 11:57:20 -0700

Thanks Mark.

I can't currently use Homebrew, since I use Macports for many pkgs on my system.
From what I've read, using both on the same system can cause problems, so I've always avoided that.
(I don't want to get into a war about Brew vs Ports either, as they can be as volatile as the Emacs vs Vim wars)

I don't know why I didn't think of looking into Macports for a FORTH compiler last night, I
need to stop installing things so late at night ;-)
The Macports pkg database is offline at the moment, but will take a look there as well.

(I'm waiting for Sierra to become more stable before upgrading, but hope to upgrade in the next few months.)

Thanks for the heads up!