[gforth] Gforth c library stuff not working on Debian Jessie 8.3 stable!

From: Philip Smith
Subject: [gforth] Gforth c library stuff not working on Debian Jessie 8.3 stable!
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 13:59:04 -0700

   this may be a second send of the same info ... sorry for that but i put help in the subject and that goes to the mail processing stuff!
   I have been trying out some linux stuff on machines other then BBB and Raspberry pi but i have been having issues with shared library stuff.   Below i simply log in as root on Debian 8.3 Jessie new installed machine.  Then i start up gforth that i installed from command line with apt-get.  Then i use the example in the documents for a basic system math.h library call to sin function.  As you can see below it does the first stuff ok but in the final call to the function it fails with "libtool: not found" .
    I have done this on a Ubuntu 15.1 clean install machine also with the same results.  I have also done this on a Debian wheezy virtual box install and it works properly.  I also have tried to BUILD-FROM-SCRATCH version 0.7.3 after pulling the tar ball on both the ubuntu and the Debian jessie with no success but on Debian wheezy it installs and the example code below will run correctly.  So my concern is Debian 8.3 jessie is the latest stable release and it looks like the static library calling does not work there.
    I have confirmed that libtool is indeed installed on all the systems that i did the tests with.  So what is really going on here?  I did the test both as root and non root but on the Debian wheezy it did not matter, but on all the other machines nothing changes ... simply it always stops with the below message!  The output below is just a capture of the last test i did starting with the log in as root.  Note on ubuntu i had to give myself root access but i also did try the below test with sudo an no change!

address@hidden:~$ su
Password:
address@hidden:/home/philip# gforth
Gforth 0.7.2, Copyright (C) 1995-2008 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
Gforth comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `license'
Type `bye' to exit
clear-libs  ok
s" m" add-lib  ok
\c #include <math.h>  ok