Re: [gforth] Socket code

From: Anton Ertl
Subject: Re: [gforth] Socket code
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 18:19:08 +0100

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 12:24:19PM -0500, John Chludzinski wrote:
> As a gforth newbie I went online and downloaded sock.fs and tcpserver.fs
> from GitHub. Tried putting the shabang: #! /usr/bin/gforth in the file
> and ruuning it. I have an x86-64 box running Fedora 23.
>
> For socket.fs I got:
>
> sh: --silent: command not found
>
> in file included from *OS command line*:-1
> socket.fs:47: libtool compile failed

Looks like the word LIBTOOL-COMMAND contains an empty string (you can
confirm this by SEEing this word).  My guess is that Fedora configured
Gforth without libtool being present.

Workaround: Install libtool and install Gforth from the tarball (or,
if you are adventurous, from the git repository).

- anton