Re: [gforth] Deactivate the backtrace message?

From: Marcos Cruz
Subject: Re: [gforth] Deactivate the backtrace message?
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 15:15:47 +0100

En/Je/On 2015-12-17 13:42, Anton Ertl escribió / skribis / wrote :

> 1 (BYE)
>
> Maybe have a word
>
> : typecr ( c-addr u -- )
>   type cr ;
> : ?error-exit ( f c-addr u -- )
>   rot if
>     ['] typecr stderr outfile-execute 1 (bye)
>   then 2drop ;
>
> Used as in
> ... ( f ) s" Wrong size for the card type." ?error-exit

Thank you for the idea. I was about to search the sources for some way
to bye silently with an error, and then write a custom error word as you
suggest.

Gforth has many useful low-level words that not mentioned on the manual,
like `(bye)`, and many times I find myself searching the sources to
follow some code until I found what I need.

--
Marcos Cruz
http://programandala.net