Re: [gforth] my Vim syntax file for Gforth

From: Marcos Cruz
Subject: Re: [gforth] my Vim syntax file for Gforth
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 21:15:28 +0100

En/Je/On 2015-02-25 20:55, Bernd Paysan escribió / skribis / wrote :
> > http://programandala.net/en.program.gforth_vim_syntax_file.html
>
> What's the licensing of this file? If it's GPL compatible, we could include
> it
> in the Gforth distribution.

So far I didn't care the license of the Vim syntax files I wrote based
on files from other people. I just kept their original headers.

I've been investigating this. When a file included in the Vim
distribution has no specific license, it's supposed to have the Vim
license (http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/uganda.html#license),
which is GPL compatible.  I updated all my Vim syntax files accordingly,
even those I wrote from scratch, and uploaded them.

You can include the file in the Gforth distribution.  I think the other
little files I mention in the Usage information should be included too,
in order to make things easier for the user. I will prepare them. The
installation could be just copying the content of certain subdirectory
from Gforth into <~/.vim/>.

--
Marcos Cruz
http://programandala.net