Re: [gforth] After updating to Emacs 24.3, "Source file `/usr/local/shar

From: Donald Winiecki
Subject: Re: [gforth] After updating to Emacs 24.3, "Source file `/usr/local/share/emacs/site-list/gforth.el' newer than byte-compiled file"
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 16:18:17 -0600

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 3:37 PM, Bernd Paysan <address@hidden> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 25. März 2014, 17:32:26 schrieb Mark J. Reed:
>> ...and git push --tags doesn't push anything *but* tags. So you always have
>> to push twice if you have a new tag.
>
> Indeed m(.  So I've now pushed all my tags...
>
> BTW: The reason why we need Gforth to bootstrap Gforth from the sources is
> that we do several things which are not easy with a "simply" Forth system:
> Cross compilation and the prim language.

...$ gforth
Gforth 0.7.3, Copyright (C) 1995-2008 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
Gforth comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `license'
Type `bye' to exit

Truly cool. I love you guys.

I understand the utility of building from an existing Gforth.  I do it
with my SBCL too.

Best wishes,

_don