Re: [gforth] After updating to Emacs 24.3, "Source file `/usr/local/shar

From: Anton Ertl
Subject: Re: [gforth] After updating to Emacs 24.3, "Source file `/usr/local/share/emacs/site-list/gforth.el' newer than byte-compiled file"
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 17:52:24 +0100

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 05:19:47AM -0600, Donald Winiecki wrote:
> I have recently updated my Emacs setup to Emacs 24.3 on Ubuntu 12.4.
> "Source file `/usr/local/share/emacs/site-list/gforth.el' newer than
> byte-compiled file"

I recently read that Debian is disabling byte compilation for
gforth.el.  Maybe that has to do with that (although that was much
more recent than 12.4).  Anyway, David, you may want to look into Bug
#738819 <https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=738819>.

> This doesn't seem too serious but from this I don't know if Emacs 24.3
> is using the older byte-compiled file or the source, and if
> byte-compiling the newer source will do anything undesirable vis-a-vis
> the byte-compiled older gforth.el

I doubt that there will be serious problems.

- anton