Re: [gforth] "string.fs" in included-files

From: Bernd Paysan
Subject: Re: [gforth] "string.fs" in included-files
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 01:47:31 +0200

Am Samstag, 27. April 2013, 05:41:54 schrieb Josh Grams:
> When gforth starts up, there is a bare "string.fs" in included-files.
> Looking at the source, it seems to be hard-coded in.  This means that if
> I have my own string.fs and try to `require` it, nothing happens, which
> is bad.

Yes, this is hardcoded in, because string.fs is now part of the kernel, but as
it was a library before, people used "require string.fs".  I'll see to it to
find a solution; probably by moving string.fs into the kernel directory, and
renaming the rest of the string library to string.fs.

> On a similar note, on the Windows build, *all* of the filenames in
> included-files are bare filenames with no absolute path, so this could
> happen with quite a lot of common names...

On the Windows build, we don't know location of Gforth beforehand, because
that's what the user can decide while running setup.exe, so we simply can't do
it the same way as under Linux.

--
Bernd Paysan
http://bernd-paysan.de/