Re: [gforth] Can't compile Gforth 0.7.0 on MingW64

From: Bernd Paysan
Subject: Re: [gforth] Can't compile Gforth 0.7.0 on MingW64
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 15:06:46 +0200

Am Montag, 8. April 2013, 22:30:56 schrieb Dennis Ruffer:
> Maybe not, since a fresh check out doesn't have this problem.
>
> Curious ;(

Unlikely.  $[]. is not yet used anywhere now, so it doesn't matter if it's
correct or not.  $[]# is the right thing, it returns the size of the string
array, which is for sure the propper loop count.

I think you might have a build problem if you have some older kernl32l.fi
lying around; removing them is a good idea.  The rule of thumb is that Gforth
should build with BUILD-FROM-SCRATCH using the last stable release installed,
but not necessarily from some development debris lying around ;-).  During
development, some disruptive changes are allowed and it is also possible that
some things do not work as expected, though, of course, I try to maintain a
high standard of quality.

--
Bernd Paysan
http://bernd-paysan.de/