[gforth] Bad signature of gforth 0.7.2 package

From: Brandon Invergo
Subject: [gforth] Bad signature of gforth 0.7.2 package
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 22:28:12 +0100

Hi,

I'm the maintainer of the GNU Source Release Collection (gsrc). I'm trying to
update the gforth package to 0.7.2 in gsrc but the source distribution fails
signature-checking (output modified to hide email addresses:

    gpgv: Signature made Mon Feb 25 13:25:07 2013 CET using DSA key ID 67007C30
    gpgv: BAD signature from "Bernd Paysan <address@hidden>"

Version 0.7.1 works fine:

    gpgv: Signature made Wed Feb 20 22:28:13 2013 CET using DSA key ID 67007C30
    gpgv: Good signature from "Bernd Paysan <address@hidden>"
    gpgv:                 aka "Bernd Paysan <address@hidden>"
    gpgv:                 aka "Bernd Paysan <address@hidden>"
    gpgv:                 aka "Bernd Paysan <address@hidden>"
    gpgv:                 aka "Bernd Paysan <address@hidden>"
    gpgv:                 aka "Bernd Paysan <address@hidden>"
    gpgv:                 aka "Bernd Paysan <address@hidden>"
    gpgv:                 aka "Bernd Paysan (business) <address@hidden>"
    gpgv:                 aka "Bernd Paysan (Zetex GmbH) <address@hidden>"
    gpgv:                 aka "Bernd Paysan (Gesch\xe4\x66tlich)
<address@hidden>"
    gpgv:                 aka "Bernd Paysan (Forth Gesellschaft e.V.)
<address@hidden>"
    gpgv:                 aka "[invalid image]"

Unfortunately, I can't proceed with the update unless the signature
passes, so I thought I'd let you know.

On another, unrelated note, I politely plead that you make release
announcements in the future on address@hidden and on the Savannah project
page. As far as I can tell, people in the GNU project are only aware of
gforth 0.7.0. I had no idea about the last two versions until a user
brought it up.

Another problem is that your webpage at www.gnu.org/s/gforth has almost
no information on it, with no link to Bernd's webpage (which has far
more information, including links to the latest release), nor to the
tuwein.ac.at website which hosts the releases. Thus, if you visit the
GNU site and find gforth, you have no way of knowing about the last two
releases. In fact, the only way to find out is to go to the Savannah
project page and then click on "Homepage", which brings you to Bernd's
site, but there isn't even a link to the Savannah project page on
gforth's GNU-based website! So the latest news is far from discoverable.

Thanks,
Brandon Invergo