Re: [gforth] Bug in install from new git repository?

From: Bernd Paysan
Subject: Re: [gforth] Bug in install from new git repository?
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 15:19:51 +0100

Am Montag, 11. März 2013, 19:50:19 schrieb Dennis Ruffer:
> Now that Bernd gave me the correct email address, I can ask these questions
> over here and maybe get some clues.

Sure.

> in file included from *OS command line*:-1
> in file included from startup.fs:68
> savesys.fs:44: Undefined word
>     >>>throw-entry<<< main-task udp @ throw-entry next-task - /string move
> ;Makefile:849: recipe for target `engine/prim.i' failed
> make: *** [engine/prim.i] Error 1
> make: *** Deleting file `engine/prim.i'
>
> Guess I'm now fully rebuilt yet. ;(
>
> Anyone have any clues?

Do a "make distclean" and then a BUILDFROMSCRATCH (./configure && make should
also do it).  Gforth is not always building with some debris from the previous
build lying around.  The assumption is: There's some Gforth installed capable
of running the cross compiler, and running vmgen, and the rest is done with
what results of the build process.  You should always be able to build Gforth
with the last stable release.

> Now that I got my Win7 PC back functional and updated to the git repository,
> I get this from it:

Yes, as fflib and libffi aren't the primary C bindings any longer, quality may
suffer... especially, since I don't have any ffcall installed under Linux
anymore (not sure about libffi).

--
Bernd Paysan
http://bernd-paysan.de/