Re: [gforth] Using Gforth with #! "shebang"

From: Bernd Paysan
Subject: Re: [gforth] Using Gforth with #! "shebang"
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 16:44:27 +0100

Am Donnerstag, 22. November 2012, 13:25:18 schrieb Anton Ertl:
> Yes.  It's also implemented in vfxlin, but not in SwiftForth.

IIRC, it went in there while I ported MINOS to VFX.  It was one of the easier
features to convince Stephen to implement them outside the harness.  The
floating point locals and the floating point calling conventions for C calls
were harder.

That's what Stephen meant with my approach at porting is such that it won't be
easier next time - I push the vendor to implement the non-standard features I
need, rather than rewriting my code to get along without those features.  It's
my understanding of a working de-facto standard: we need common approaches way
beyond the standard so that larger real world programs can be ported easily.

--
Bernd Paysan
http://bernd-paysan.de/