Re: [gforth] gforth borks in Windows: cannot open image file gforth.fi

From: Bernd Paysan
Subject: Re: [gforth] gforth borks in Windows: cannot open image file gforth.fi
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 14:34:40 +0200

Am Montag, 8. Oktober 2012, 00:08:13 schrieb Andrew Pennebaker:
> > http://bernd-paysan.de/gforth-0.7.9-20121007.exe
>
> I removed all traces of gforth and used this new installer.
>
> 1. It still neglects to add gforth.exe to the Windows PATH environment
> variable.

Have you rebootet? I add the {app} directory to the Path variable in the
registry; this is read out at startup, not when you start cmd.exe (well, it's
Windows, you are supposed to reboot ;-).

> 2. The install scripts seem to work now.

Fine.

> 3. But when I try to run hello.fs, I still get errors.

Don't know why.  I created a similar hello.fs in my home directory (C:
\users\bernd), ant it worked fine.

--
Bernd Paysan
http://bernd-paysan.de/