Re: [gforth] gforth borks in Windows: cannot open image file gforth.fi

From: Andrew Pennebaker
Subject: Re: [gforth] gforth borks in Windows: cannot open image file gforth.fi
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 16:00:13 -0400

No, we replace these pathes using the fixpath.fs utility.  I need to check why
this doesn't work; maybe Windows 7 or some anti-virus denies me to access
.exes that way.

Ah, that's probably related to the install-time script errors I'm seeing. They all complain that they can't find certain files because they're mistakenly using the path C:\Program instead of the path "C:\Program Files (x86)", which the gforth installer is defaulted to using in Windows Vista/7/8.

Wow, when I add "C:\Program Files (x86)\gforth" to PATH and GFORTHPATH, my gforth hello.fs error changes to:

C:\>gforth hello.fs

*OS command line*:-1: No such file or directory
>>>hello.fs<<<
Backtrace:
$7EB9B4D8 throw
$7EB9990C required