Re: [gforth] compiling gforth on armv7l - beaglebone

From: kibler
Subject: Re: [gforth] compiling gforth on armv7l - beaglebone
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2012 12:25:49 -0700

So let me see if I have this correct:

To get BUILD-FROM-SCRATCH requires gforth running to work,
and I would assume that even ./configure requires it as well.
I am currently compiling on systems that do not have any
gforth available for installation. I now know why all the major
distros for the beaglebone don't have gforth - it can't be built
using the build-root tool.

So I either have to find another system with gforth available
(probably a debian based system of which I haven't been able
to make one work) and/or cross compile on a system with
gforth loaded. I suppose I could rip open a deb package and
try copying all the files to Arch - might work.

I as well need to make sure when building that the "host" is arm,
no platform specified when doing a cross compile as this is the
only option I should be passing?

However you say "dist package" - as one set to work on this
specific system - or something else?

As a bit of information, I am using the gforth-mirror under git
to do my building. I use git for everything after moving 400
developers from clearcase, svn, and perforce to it. I feel git
has a better set of tools than svn.

Can you think of anything else I might be doing wrong?
Bill.