Re: [gforth] problem with gforth7 and serial access

From: kibler
Subject: Re: [gforth] problem with gforth7 and serial access
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 07:57:01 -0700

Thanks for the response - I will look into using the crontrib/serial.fs
as it looks pretty well complete. Maybe I can follow what serial.fs
does as such and figure out what is broke in 7.0.

The problem is that contrib is not part of gforth-0.7.0+ds1
the release version of Debian testing. I see lots of extra tools
in 0.7.9 that might help, but as of now, I think you can only
get those by cloning the repo and building it on your machine.
That is a step we would rather not have the users do.

I will try later today to see if serial.fs works on 0.7.0, as I have
previously tried similar options only to find them calling many
other un-loaded words. That is one of the concerns of working
with multiple versions, that not all words work on all versions.

Thanks again for your comments.
Bill.