Re: [gforth] ORDER bug

From: Josh Grams
Subject: Re: [gforth] ORDER bug
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 07:21:17 -0500

OK, I get it now.  There's junk in unALLOTted memory up to a certain
point; after that it's all zeroes.  So after that point, then if you
have a wordlist at the end of the dictionary, `head?` thinks it's is
followed by a header even though it isn't, and then that causes trouble.
So compiling anything or putting data there or whatever makes it go
away.  That's not so bad.  Disconcerting though.  Maybe there should be
a comment on `.voc` -- it took me a while to think to look at `head?`...

--Josh