[gforth] Tried gforth in Windows, could not get an ok prompt

From: Jason Damisch
Subject: [gforth] Tried gforth in Windows, could not get an ok prompt
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 20:36:07 -0700 (PDT)

Well,

I still have not decided upon what kind of hosting I'm going to get to run
gforth with, but in the mean time, I decided to install it on my windows
machine
so that I could refer to a live system while perusing Jason Woof's gforthcgi
stuff.

I grabbed this

 gforth-0.7.0-20090215.exe     15-Feb-2009 23:55  5.7M  Win32 self installing

from

http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/forth/gforth/Snapshots/

and installed it on a Vista machine.

I went into the folder with all of the .exe files, and tried to run each of
them.

gforth.exe  - window pops up briefly and then vanishes

gforth-ditc.exe  - window pops up briefly and then vanishes

gforth-fast.exe  - window pops up briefly and then vanishes

gforth-itc.exe  - window pops up briefly and then vanishes

sh.exe  -  I get a window that does not vanish, but this is not a Forth prompt
for sure

--

I looked at the include .pdf file but did not see anything on making a Forth
command 'ok' prompt show up although the word BYE was mentioned.

there is a section, 2.3 Command-line editing, which would mean that there is a
way to get to a command line.  I don't know what that is.

Jason