Re: [gforth] Crash Course Tutorial cannot be completely entered.

From: Josh Grams
Subject: Re: [gforth] Crash Course Tutorial cannot be completely entered.
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 07:29:55 -0500

>Re:
>http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/forth/gforth/Docs-html/Crash-Course-Tutorial.html#Crash-Course-Tutorial
>
>I tried to enter the first instruction, and there was an immediate
>failure before I could enter the rest of the program.

Yeah, that's exactly what is supposed to happen.  Each line in that
example will crash gforth (or at least throw an exception).

Kind of a stupid thing to put in a tutorial, but there it is.  I guess
the point is to demonstrate that Forth doesn't try to protect you from
doing such things and that it's ok to crash the system.

--Josh