getfem-users

Error of projection

From: Tetsuo Koyama
Subject: Error of projection
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 19:04:30 +0900

Dear GetFEM community

I want to solve the contact problem between two cylinders. The mesh is like the following.
This is a 1/4 model with symmetry conditions on the left and having Dirichlet condition [0.-0.1] on the top and [0.0, 0.0] on the bottom.
I used this tutorial `Example of wheel in contact (Assembly between two meshes, transformations, use of fixed size variables)` as a guide to create a program like the attached script "hertz.py", but an error occurred:

RuntimeError: (Getfem::InterfaceError) -- Error in getfem_generic_assembly_compile_and_exec.cc, line 1433 virtual int getfem::ga_instruction_interpolate_base::exec():
No valid element for the transformation. Probably transformation failed

I think my projection is correct.
md.add_interpolate_transformation_from_expression("Proj1", mesh1, mesh2, "[X(1);-X(2)]")

Do you have any idea how to solve this problem?
Thanks a lot for reading.

Best regards Tetsuo

mesh.png