geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] REPL previous input

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] REPL previous input
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 03:22:14 +0100

On Wed, Mar 11 2015, Diogo F. S. Ramos wrote:

> Geiser binds M-p to `comint-previous-matching-input-from-input' in the
> REPL.  Usually, M-p is bind to `comint-previous-input' in comint-mode
> and `comint-previous-matching-input-from-input' is bind to C-c M-r.
>
> This is a personal preference, but I usually hit M-p pretty often and
> the current Geiser behavior leaves the cursor at the beginning of the
> input, so I have to hit some keys to move it to the end of the input so
> I can re-evaluate a previous expression.

So, IIUC, the problem is not that we perform matching with the prefix
text in the REPL but, rather, that when that matching happens in an
empty REPL line, RET afterwards is not sending the recovered form
correctly, right?  That's actually a bug that, i think, i have just
fixed in the git repo.  Let me know whether the current behaviour is
something you like better!

Cheers,
jao
--
They are ill discoverers that think there is no land, when they can
see nothing but sea. -Francis Bacon, philosopher (1561-1626)