geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Running racket tests in geiser

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Running racket tests in geiser
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2013 00:25:24 +0200

Hi Garjola,

I've just tried to use #lang htdp/bsl, and although i can compile the
file, the BSL language is not rich enough to support Geiser (at least in
the way geiser uses the reflection capabilities of Racket to work).

So i'm afraid that even if we find out why the #lang directive is not
working in your system, it won't be of much use.

What i would suggest is using #lang racket and the corresponding
requires, .e.g, something like:

  #lang racket
  (require test-engine/racket-tests)

etc.  That has the "drawback" that you have at your disposal a much
richer language (Racket instead of the restricted BSL), which you might
or might not consider pedagogically adequate... and the advantage of
working :)

I'll try to investigate further and see if Geiser can circumvent this
limitation, but i have no better solution for now.

Cheers,
jao
--
Fools ignore complexity. Pragmatists suffer it. Some can avoid it.
Geniuses remove it.