geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] possibly geiser bug

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] possibly geiser bug
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 20:37:59 +0100

On Thu, Jan 31 2013, Michael Filonenko wrote:

> Hi.
>
> First of all thanks for geiser, it is very usefull tool for "racketing".
>
> I use unsafe float point operations (unsafe-fl+, etc) for perfomance
> reasons; also I use racket library `disassemble' to check "jitted"
> function code.
>
> So, the problem is that when I work and decompile jitted function in
> geiser repl session the resulting assembler code is not equal when I
> do the same things in built-in repl session (just racket with xterm).
>
> Is this issue relative to geiser?

Could be.  Geiser creates its own REPL and one of the things it does is
requiring errortrace/errortrace-lib (in eval.rkt) at startup to provide
better diagnosis: that's possibly having an impact.  A second thing it
does is setting the parameter enforce-module-constants to #f, to allow
redefinitions inside modules without restarting the REPL, and i'm pretty
sure this is also going to affect the generated bytecode.

HTH,
jao
--
Humans think they are smarter than dolphins because we build cars and
buildings and start wars etc., and all that dolphins do is swim in the