geiser-users

Re: [Geiser-users] Disabling autodoc for single module

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: [Geiser-users] Disabling autodoc for single module
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 04:08:40 +0200

On Sat, May 26 2012, Mark Skilbeck wrote:

> So, with the recent trouble with Mailutils, Guile and Geiser, and my
> inability to successfully debug the problem, I now ask: is it possible
> to disable autodoc for just a single module. Say, if I have
>
>   (use-modules (mailutils mailutils)
>                (ncurses curses)),
>
> can I disable autodoc for mailutils but keep it for ncurses?

As i think i mentioned in another email, you can disable autodoc in any
buffer by hand with C-c C-d C-a.

If what you want is to tell emacs to automatically disable it, something
along the lines of:

    ;; -*- emacs-lisp -*-
    (defun mark-disable-autodoc ()
      (when (save-excursion
              (goto-char (point-min))
              (re-search-forward "(mailutils mailutils)" nil t))
        (geiser-autodoc-mode -1)))

    (eval-after-load "geiser"
      '(add-hook 'scheme-mode-hook 'mark-disable-autodoc t))

would do, i think.

Cheers,
jao
--
A language that doesn't affect the way you think about programming, is
not worth knowing.