geiser-users

[Geiser-users] [bug #32681] Geiser does not load the .guile file when in

From: anonymous
Subject: [Geiser-users] [bug #32681] Geiser does not load the .guile file when invoking guile
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 19:13:22 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

I have a reasonably complex guile environment that gets loaded by the .guile
file.  Because geiser does not load the .guile file, my environment is
unavailable when using geiser.  Loading .guile from the .guile-geiser file
causes the REPL to hang.  So does making a symlink between .guile-geiser and
.guile.

I worked around this problem by making a local copy of geiser-guile.el in my
init.el and removing the "-q".  This works fine and does not cause any side
effects that I can see.  I believe that whether or not geiser loads the .guile
file should be configurable.  The attached patch file implements this change.

File Attachments:

Date: Fri 04 Mar 2011 07:13:21 PM UTC  Name: geiser-guile.patch  Size: 1kB
By: None

<http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/download.php?file_id=22838>