geiser-users

[Geiser-users] autodoc display when working with racket 5.0.2

From: Ali Asad Lotia
Subject: [Geiser-users] autodoc display when working with racket 5.0.2
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 15:46:59 +0000

Greetings all,
I'm new to scheme and an intermediate emacs user. Was going through
the Little Schemer and having played with SLIME before, I was
delighted to have something similar to work through the source in the
book. So thank you for writing it.

I've installed Geiser from the git repository and am using it with
racket 5.0.2 on MacOS X. I am running it all on Emacs 24.0.50 built
from the bzr trunk.

I've byte compiled geiser using the extremely helpful instructions off
the website and the coniguration for it is:
(setq racket-dist-dir "/Applications/Racket v5.0.2/")
(load "geiser-load")
(setq geiser-repl-history-filename "")
(setq geiser-racket-binary (concat racket-dist-dir "bin/racket"))
(setq geiser-active-implementations '(racket))

I'm wondering why the autodoc display in the minibuffer is fairly
cryptic compared to slime, or autodoc running within an elisp buffer
in emacs.
At present, the repl has:

Welcome to Racket v5.0.2.
racket@> (print )

and when point is in the above sexp, I see
(#%kernel:print _ (_) (_))

Since I'm quite new to geiser and scheme and lisp in general, it's
quite likely I'm doing something wrong. Any info on what I'm messing
up would be much appreciated.

TIA,
Ali Asad Lotia