gdb

Regarding debugging with GDB

From: #SINHA SHARAD#
Subject: Regarding debugging with GDB
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 03:16:27 +0000

Hi,

  Sorry for asking my question related to GDB here. I could not find an appropriate GDB mailing list where I could post my question.

  I have multiple C  source files in a project. I use a makefile to compile the files and generate the executable. I then use another script file to run the executable because the script file provides certain parameters to the executable.

 Now, the executable throws up segmentation fault some time after the script has been invoked.  So, I try to use GDB to locate the error. However, it simply shows me the parameters passed in the script and exits without any information on the segmentation fault.

  Can you please tell me how to locate which of the nearly 30 source files is causing the problem of invalid pointer? I am using GCC 4.1.2 with Fedora 12.

Thanks !
Sharad