gdb

gdb + gfortran + mac

From: mdekauwe
Subject: gdb + gfortran + mac
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 03:43:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am encountering some strange behaviour when trying to use gdb to debug
some fortran code on my mac. Firstly when I load the program I get this
error message

warning: can't find section '__DATA.__common' in OSO file
/Users/mdekauwe/src/fortran/MAESPA/watbal.o

then if I set a break at main and run the debugger, I very quickly end up
with an error e.g.

(gdb) break main
Breakpoint 1 at 0x10002c516: file maespa.f90, line 69.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /Users/mdekauwe/src/fortran/MAESPA/maespa

Breakpoint 1, main (argc=1, argv=0x7fff5fbff968
'/Users/mdekauwe/src/fortran/MAESPA/maespa\000') at maespa.f90:69
69          USE metcom
(gdb) s
Warning:
Cannot insert breakpoint 0.
Error accessing memory address 0x0: Input/output error.

0x00007fff863ab3d9 in longjmp () from /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

I wonder perhaps if it has to do with that usage of /usr/lib? as the gdb
version I am using is compiled in /usr/local?

I am using GNU gdb (GDB) 7.2, GNU Fortran (GCC) 4.5.1 and snow leopard.

Anyway I am clueless and would appreciate any help please,

thanks,

Martin