gdb

GDB RSP protocol question

From: NarenB
Subject: GDB RSP protocol question
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 15:02:22 -0700 (PDT)

I am a WinDbg user trying to become familiar with GDB and RSP protocol that
GDB uses.

Can we assume that the GDB client and server communication is always a
synchronous ? That is the GDB server sends a response to the client's
request and there is no unsolicited packets from the GDB server ?

If the GDB client issues a continue command, is the only response to that is
when the breakpoint (that was set earlier on) is hit ?

Thanks !!