gdb

problems unsubscribing

From: Ignacio Castaño
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 00:11:02 -0800

I'm sorry to contact this group for this reason, but I've been unable to
unsubscribe myself from the gdb.gnu.org mailing list.

I've sent messages to <address@hidden> and to
<address@hidden> with the same
outcome. I got a confirmation message, that I replied to, but I
received a failure message indicating that address@hidden is not a
member of the gdb.gnu.org mailing list.

> Acknowledgment: The address
>
>    address@hidden
>
> was not on the gdb mailing list when I received
> your request and is not a subscriber of this list.

Apparently I am, because I keep getting messages from it!

> If you unsubscribe, but continue to receive mail, you're subscribed
> under a different address than you currently use. Please look at the
> header for:

The return path attribute is:

> The unsubscribe address for this user would be:
> 'address@hidden'.
> Just mail to that address, substituting user=host.dom for the real
> values, reply to the confirmation request, and you should receive a message
> that you're off the list.

That's just what I did!

> If this still doesn't work, I'm sorry to say that I can't help you.
> Please FORWARD a list message together with a note about what you're
> trying to achieve and a list of addresses that you might be subscribed
> under to my owner:
>
>     address@hidden
>
> who will take care of it. My owner is a little bit slower than I am,
> so please be patient.

I also tried sending a message to <address@hidden>, but I
got an automated error message instead. It seems that gdb-owner is not
a real person:

> Hi. This is the qmail-send program at sourceware.org.
> I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
>
> <address@hidden>:
>
> ezmlm-reject: fatal: Sorry, I don't accept commands in the subject
> line. Please send a message to the -help address shown in the the
> ``Mailing-List:'' header for command info (#5.7.0)

Could somebody please remove me from this mailing list?

Thanks!

--
Ignacio Castaño
address@hidden