gdb

GDB sigsev violation in DDD

From: Andre Hagley
Subject: GDB sigsev violation in DDD
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 16:09:28 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

I am trying to get GDB to work as the inferior debugger in ddd, running
under cygwin.

I have cygwin installed on my pc running XP(SP2), with an intel
Core2 Duo T7800 processor.

The various versions of the code I have installed are:

Cygwin - 1.5.24-2
ddd    - 3.3.11
gcc    - 3.4.4-3
gdb    - 6.7
expat-win32 2.0.2

I made the ddd installation following the instructions in the manual
(./configure, make, make check, make install) and it seems to be
working.

I did the same for the gdb build after installing expat and rebooting.
When I ran make check, it failed almost all of the tests. Proceeding
anyway with make install, I get the following error when I try to debug
in ddd using the sample program in the ddd manual.

(gdb) break sample.c:20
Breakpoint 1 at 0x40110e: file sample.c, line 20.
(gdb) run

0x18b4b7c3 in wxvault!??0Cwxvault@@address@hidden ()
(gdb) Quit

The complied sample.exe runs, so I'm pretty sure the problem is with
my gdb build.

Any suggestions as to what the problem is, and how to remedy it?

Thanks in advance,
Andre Hagley