gdb

Detaching after fork from child process

From: Anurag Goyal
Subject: Detaching after fork from child process
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 18:49:36 +0530

Hi,
Is this message a normal message, or does it mean some error, and what actually does it mean.?
"Detaching after fork from child process XXXXX"
above is displayed many times as I execute my application, also it asks

---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---Quit

even when I haven't given any breakpoints, the gdb stops execution.
Is it normal.? if yes how to change settings so that such msgs are handled itself

--
Anurag