gdb

[Gdb] config.h HAVE_ *nothing* on cygwin

From: Tzu-Chien Chiu
Subject: [Gdb] config.h HAVE_ *nothing* on cygwin
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 18:57:21 +0800

Hello.

I try to build a rarely old release gdb on cygwin (5.0 and 5.3,
unfortunately the cross-compilation toolchain only port old versions)
but I found the 'config.h' files in the subdirectories generated by
the 'configure' script are all wrong. All the prsprocessor symbol
HAVE_*** should have been #defined are completely missing. None of
HAVE_*** are #defined, even including sys/stat.h, sys/stdlib.h,
sys/string.h.

Examining config.log gave no clue:

  configure:1579: checking for termios.h

However 'config.status --recheck' print the correct values:

  checking for terminos.h (cache) yes

This may be an old version of configure system so it doesn't support
config.status --FILE=config.h.

I have to manually modify config.h in each subdirectoy, unfortunately.
What could be the sources this kind of problems?

I've successfully prevously built a cross gcc and binutils on this
same host. No problem. I am not sure it's caused by cygwin per se
(object file and executable extension etc) of the GDB configure
script.

--
Tzu-Chien Chiu - SMedia Technology Corp.