gdb

[Gdb] gdb to load user library

From: chuckzhao (sent by Nabble.com)
Subject: [Gdb] gdb to load user library
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 14:14:03 -0800 (PST)

gdb version: 6.3
compiler: gcc-2.95.4
Platform: Debian 3.1 r1

I am using gdb to debug a program with a core dump error. The program uses
my own library.

However, when start running inside gdb, it always complains that the user
library is not found.

"
sideshow.eecg>gdb cc1.out.final
GNU gdb 6.3-debian
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i386-linux"...Using host libthread_db library
"/lib/tls/libthread_db.so.1".

(gdb) run ../data/test/input/foo.c
Starting program:
/steffan/a/a0/czhao/spec2000_suif/benchspec/CINT2000/176.gcc/ckp/cc1.out.final
../data/test/input/foo.c
/steffan/a/a0/czhao/spec2000_suif/benchspec/CINT2000/176.gcc/ckp/cc1.out.final:
error while loading shared libraries: libckplib.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

Program exited with code 0177.
"

I have put my lib into LD_LIBRARY_PATH, no use.
I copied the library into the current working directory, or start gdb from
the directory containing the user library, no use either.

I am thus asking how to instrument GDB to load that user-defined libary.
I've been through the GDB cmdline options, didnot find one working.

Thank you

Chuck