gdb

Re: [Gdb] 64 bit mode on aix

From: Asvija.B
Subject: Re: [Gdb] 64 bit mode on aix
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 14:55:29 +0530 (IST)

Thanks for the reply,
But I was not sure of what you meant by binary, is it the application
binary or the gdb binary itself ?
I tried compiling application with -q64 option and tried debugging with
gdb, which did not succeed.
If you are suggesting to compile gdb itself with -q64 option, I think it
just compiles the gdb source in 64 bit mode.  What I need is this: is there any
way to instruct gdb that we are using a 64 bit architecture on aix ?

Thanks and regards,
Asvija