gdb

[Gdb] displaying variables

From: Janine E. Galvin
Subject: [Gdb] displaying variables
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 22:06:26 -0600

Hi,
I'm very new to using gdb/ddd and I'm not sure where to get help or if this is
the correct place.  If not, could somebody please redirect me.

I am using ddd to help debug modifications I'm making to an existing cfd
software package written in fortran.  I cannot seem to display some variables
at certain points in the program.  I get the error: no symbol ' ' in current
context.  Is there anyway to make the variable of interest accessible in the
current context?  The variables that won't display are variables that are
defined in module statements and are subsequently 'used' in the subroutines
from which I would like to access the variable. These variables do not show up
in the list generated by info locals

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Janine