gdb

[Gdb] Program tracing

From: Thomas Sondergaard
Subject: [Gdb] Program tracing
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 14:11:50 +0100

dbx has tracing functions like

trace in <function>
trace inclass <classname>

that will print the name of the calling function, the name of the called
function, the parameters passed in and the return value when a
particular function is called or when a member function in a particular
class is called.

Is it possible to do this with gdb? I don't want to collect the data for
later inspection, which seems to be the model used by gdb, as I want to
follow the method invocations when I interact with the program.

If gdb can't do this are there any other tools that can? (that are free
and works with gcc).

br,

Thomas