gdb

[Gdb] stack trace accuracy

From: Bahadir Balban
Subject: [Gdb] stack trace accuracy
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:30:13 +0000

Hello,

Many thanks for the previous replies they were very helpful.
I compiled my application with -g flag, and stripped it with strip. I
got a stack trace  as below. The problem is it does not exactly
reflect the chain of function calls. i.e.  There are calls to other
functions in the source inbetween the ones shown below that dont
appear in the stack trace. Is it because I stripped the executable?
What should I do about it?

(gdb)bt
#0  0x00bc29c8 in zcfree ()
#1  0x00393728 in nsFontMetricsXft::RealizeFont() ()
#2  0x00392de0 in nsFontMetricsXft::~nsFontMetricsXft() ()
#9  0x00f68dc0 in ?? ()

Thank  you.
Bahadir